Multiple revCursors stacks
Hershel Fisch
2010-08-10 19:52:03 UTC
Hi, I¹m wordering why I have multiple stacks with name ³revCursors² and
multiple stacks ³macRevCursors²
Thakns, Hershel
J. Landman Gay
2010-08-11 03:31:21 UTC
Post by Hershel Fisch
Hi, I¹m wordering why I have multiple stacks with name ³revCursors² and
multiple stacks ³macRevCursors²
I don't know how it happened, but you should only have one of each. If
they have different dates, keep the newest one.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | ***@hyperactivesw.com
Hershel Fisch
2010-08-11 16:07:24 UTC
Hi and thanks, sorry I meant to say subStacks for a main stack.
Also how can I check the dates?
Thanks, Hershel
J. Landman Gay
2010-08-11 18:38:57 UTC
Post by Hershel Fisch
Hi and thanks, sorry I meant to say subStacks for a main stack.
Also how can I check the dates?
I see, it was an inclusion in a standalone. In that case you'll need to
delete the duplicate stacks manually using the Application Browser.
Right-click on the stack you want to delete in the app browser's list to
do that.

You can't check the dates on substacks, but if you've been building
multiple times in the same version of Rev then they're identical. I'm
not sure why Rev would have included the stacks twice, it's supposed to
check for that. Did you manually copy the cursor stacks as substacks?

If you aren't sure whether the substacks are identical then just delete
them all and let the standalone builder include them again on the next
build.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | ***@hyperactivesw.com
Hershel Fisch
2010-08-11 20:12:43 UTC
Hi and thanks,
Sorry didn't express myself properly, so I'll try to elaborate a bit,
When I open RunRev everything sounds fine, I then open my App. A message
comes up saying "A stack "revMacCursors" is already in memory. The
Revolution UI does not distinguish stacks which have identical names,so
editing these stack files while both are in memory could result in data
loss." with an "ok" btn.
I hit "ok" the app. Opens up, then I go to the application browser I see
multiple substacks of "revCursors" and multi mainStacks of "revMacCursors".
Now, which one do I delete, Since there is no date on them?
Thanks in advanced, Hershel
J. Landman Gay
2010-08-12 00:47:22 UTC
Post by Hershel Fisch
Hi and thanks,
Sorry didn't express myself properly, so I'll try to elaborate a bit,
When I open RunRev everything sounds fine, I then open my App. A message
comes up saying "A stack "revMacCursors" is already in memory. The
Revolution UI does not distinguish stacks which have identical names,so
editing these stack files while both are in memory could result in data
loss." with an "ok" btn.
I hit "ok" the app. Opens up, then I go to the application browser I see
multiple substacks of "revCursors" and multi mainStacks of "revMacCursors".
Now, which one do I delete, Since there is no date on them?
It sounds like your stack has the cursor stacks embedded in it as
substacks, which conflict with those already in the IDE. But check to
make sure:

In the Finder (or Windows Explorer if you're on a PC) look in Rev's main
program folder, in a subfolder called Toolset. See if there are two
copies of revCursors and revMacCursors in there. If so, that's where you
can compare dates and delete the oldest two. If not, then the IDE is
fine. It probably is.

In Rev's application browser, open the problem stack and look at its
substacks. You should see the cursor stacks in there as substacks of
your own stack. Delete them both. Your own stack should not include any
cursor stacks. If you need the cursors in a standalone, just assign them
in Standalone Settings instead.

Save your stack and reopen it. The error should be gone.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | ***@hyperactivesw.com
Hershel Fisch
Hershel Fisch
2010-08-12 19:59:35 UTC
I also realize that I have two "revHelpPopup" substacks, under the
revDocumentation stack and under the "revMenuBar" stack, which one has to be
deleted and which one is the correct one. I see it since version 3.504 dp-4.
Prior to the above version its only urder the revMenuBar?
It effects when you press the "restore development tool" btn.

Thanks, Hershel
J. Landman Gay
2010-08-13 17:40:48 UTC
Post by Hershel Fisch
I also realize that I have two "revHelpPopup" substacks, under the
revDocumentation stack and under the "revMenuBar" stack, which one has to be
deleted and which one is the correct one. I see it since version 3.504 dp-4.
Prior to the above version its only urder the revMenuBar?
It effects when you press the "restore development tool" btn.
I also see both of those, so I assume they are both necessary. If you're
getting an error about it, the problem is likely in your stack. Better
check it for copies of that popup stack. In fact, check your stack for
any substacks that start with "rev", since none of them should be there.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | ***@hyperactivesw.com
Hershel Fisch
2010-08-16 19:01:35 UTC
Hi and thanks, as of now there are no subStacks in my stack starting with
"rev"
And the error is as follows "
A stack "revHelpPopup" in file /Application/Revolution
Enterprise/4.0.0-dp-4/Toolset/revdocumentationlibrary.rev
is already in memory. The Revolution UI does not
distinguish stacks which have identical names, so editing
these stack files while both are in memory could result in
data loss.
"
Thanks in advanced, Hershel
J. Landman Gay
2010-08-17 01:02:35 UTC
Post by Hershel Fisch
Hi and thanks, as of now there are no subStacks in my stack starting with
"rev"
And the error is as follows "
A stack "revHelpPopup" in file /Application/Revolution
Enterprise/4.0.0-dp-4/Toolset/revdocumentationlibrary.rev
is already in memory. The Revolution UI does not
distinguish stacks which have identical names, so editing
these stack files while both are in memory could result in
data loss.
"
Thanks in advanced, Hershel
I can repeat the error when I suspend development tools and then return
to the IDE. I think it's a minor bug. Clicking "Okay" to get out won't
hurt anything, the error is spurious. If you feel like it, you could
report it in the QCC (<quality.runrev.com>) and mark it as "minor". If I
knew whether that stack was required in the docs I'd say delete it, but
I'm not sure.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | ***@hyperactivesw.com