Cascading menu
I***@aol.com
2003-12-16 19:42:44 UTC
Hi all,
Quick question. Is it possible to create a cascading menu button that
cascades beyond one level? For instance--TIRES>MANUFACTURER>TYPE>SIZE. If so How?
John
Jan Schenkel
2003-12-16 19:49:55 UTC
Post by I***@aol.com
Hi all,
Quick question. Is it possible to create a cascading
menu button that
cascades beyond one level? For
instance--TIRES>MANUFACTURER>TYPE>SIZE. If so How?
John
Hi John,

Try the following script :

set the text of btn "MyCascadingMenu" to \
"Tires" & return & \
tab & "Manufacturer" & return & \
tab & tab & "Type" & return & \
tab & tab & tab & "Size"

For each level deeper, you prepend a tab ; the items
are separated by returns.

Now when you select an item from a submenu, the engine
will send your button a "menuPick" message, with a
parameter of the form :
"Titles|Manufacturer|Type|Size"

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time." (La Rochefoucauld)

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
I***@aol.com
2003-12-17 13:41:10 UTC
How do you control a cascading menu. An item selected from a regular pulldown
menu highlights and then the menu retracts and things start happening. With a
cascading menu item, the item highlights but the menu just hangs there. I can
click on an item highlighting it and unhighlighting it. Nothing happens. What
am I missing.

John--super newbie.
Jan Schenkel
2003-12-17 13:53:51 UTC
Post by I***@aol.com
How do you control a cascading menu. An item
selected from a regular pulldown
menu highlights and then the menu retracts and
things start happening. With a
cascading menu item, the item highlights but the
menu just hangs there. I can
click on an item highlighting it and unhighlighting
it. Nothing happens. What
am I missing.
John--super newbie.
Hi John,

Are you by any chance trying to select an item that
has a submenu attached to it ? In cascading menus, you
can only select the leaves of the tree, not the nodes.
Example :
A <- not selectable
A.1 <- not selectable
A.1.1 <- selectable
A.1.2 <- selectable
A.1.3 <- selectable
A.2 <- selectable
A.3 <- selectable

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====

I***@aol.com
2003-12-17 19:40:01 UTC
Hi Jan,

The item I am attempting to select does not have a submenu attached. Still
the menu just hangs and I can highlight and unhilight the item. I am missing
something very basic.

John
Sarah Reichelt
2003-12-17 22:09:18 UTC
Is there a tab at the end of the menu item you are trying to select?
That might cause a problem as the engine tries to find a submenu that
it thinks should be there (because of the tab) but actually isn't.

Cheers,
Sarah
***@genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/